Failed President Barack Obama and his minions in the media would rather talk about anything besides Obama’s abysmal economic record as President, so the Obama campaign comes up with little sideshows every couple of weeks that the media dutifully turns into weeks spent not talking about the 88 million Americans who are not in the labor force, 8.2% unemployment among those who actually are, and $5 gasoline.
This week’s designated diversion is the useless Buffet Rule and how it ties into Mitt Romney’s tax returns. Romney has released two years of tax returns. The Obama campaign started the week demanding that Romney release an additional 10 years of returns. They are using Mitt’s father George Romney, who ran for President in 1968, to make their case.
“Mitt Romney’s own father [George Romney] released 12 years of tax returns when he ran for president” in 1968, Obama campaign manager Jim Messina said Monday during a conference call with reporters.
Barack Obama’s own alcoholic father abdicated his responsibilities and left the country, never to be heard from again. Could failed President Barack Obama please do us the same courtesy? I mean, since we’re cool with opposing campaigns using peoples dead fathers as campaign fodder and all.
In the spirit of transparency, how about Romney releases one additional year of tax returns in exchange for each of the following unreleased Obama documents?
1. Occidental College records and transcripts — Not released
2. Columbia University records and transcripts — Not released
3. Columbia Thesis paper — ‘not available’
4. Harvard University records and transcripts — Not released
5. Medical records — Not released
6. Illinois State Senate schedule — ‘not available’
7. Illinois State Senate records — ‘not available’
8. Law practice client list — Not released
9. Certified Copy of Original Birth certificate — Not released
10. Harvard Law Review articles published — None
11. University of Chicago scholarly articles — None
12. Record of Baptism — Not released or ‘not available’